Change in Placement Request
We understand that sometimes an EPI student may feel that they have been placed in a class that does not suit their English ability. Please read the information below concerning EPI’s procedure for requesting placement changes.
Requests to Move DOWN a Level:
- Continue to go to class EVERY DAY. You may change your mind and decide this class is the best for you.
- As soon as possible tell your teacher if you still want to move down. Your teacher will meet with other EPI faculty (teachers) to consider your request.
- The EPI faculty will meet to consider your request to change class. Your WG teacher will tell you of the decision as soon as possible after the placement change meeting.
NOTE: Please consider your request VERY carefully. If the EPI faculty agrees to allow you to move, it may NOT be possible for you to return to your class if you find your new class too easy.
Requests to Move UP a Level:
- Go to your assigned class every day. Your teachers will evaluate your English ability for the next several days. If you do not come to class, your teacher will not know if you are able to move to a higher level.
- Do all your homework. If you are absent from class or if you do not do homework or other assignments, you will not be allowed to move up. (The faculty must have some indication of your ability and motivation in order to make a decision about your placement).
- Tell your teacherthat you want to move to another class as soon as possible.
- The EPI faculty will meet to consider your request to change classes. Your WG teacher will tell you of the decision as soon as possible after the placement change meeting.
NOTE: YOUR TEACHER WILL HANDLE YOUR REQUEST. Do NOT make appointments with Mark Porter before the placement change meeting.placement_change_request.pdf