Emergency Health Care
The procedures below should be followed in cases of serious and/or life-threatening injury or illness.
WHEN THE STUDENT HEALTH CENTER IS OPEN:
- IF PATIENT IS CONSCIOUS AND ABLE TO WALK- Escort the patient to the Health Center for evaluation, treatment and possible transport to a local health care facility. You can ask for help by calling the Campus Police at 911 and asking to have the First Responder sent to help you.
- IF PATIENT IS UNCONSCIOUS OR NOT ABLE TO WALK - Call 911 and request assistance from Emergency Medical Service (EMS). The dispatcher will also send a Health Center First Responder to provide assistance before the arrival of an EMS ambulance.
WHEN THE STUDENT HEALTH CENTER IS CLOSED:
- IF PATIENT IS CONSCIOUS AND ABLE TO WALK AND IN NEED OF MEDICAL ASSISTANCE
- If you have a vehicle, you can transport the patient to the nearest emergency room;
- If you do not have a vehicle, call 911 and request assistance from Emergency Medical Service (EMS).
- IF PATIENT IS UNCONSCIOUS OR NOT ABLE TO WALK- Call 911 and request assistance from Emergency Medical Service (EMS).
EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION
If attacked or approached by someone suspicious, contact the police immediately by calling 911 or use the nearest call box.
Dial these numbers ONLY if you have an emergency:
Resident Manager (Cliff): 544-0440
USC Police: 777-4215
Tell the Police you are an EPI student. Tell the Police your problem.
- Student Services Coordinator’s Office : 777-1228
- Student Services Coordinator’s Cell Phone : 394-3808
- Student Services Assistant’s Office : 777-0831
- EPI Office : 777-3867