If you are an F student studying in the United States, your DSO should be the first person you talk with if you have any questions regarding the legal requirements of your stay in the United States. Your DSO can assist in answering your questions or help you find someone who can help.
When do you need to talk to your DSO(Nicolas Pattillo):
F-1 students should speak with their DSO if you are planning to do any of the following:
- Change your major, program, or degree level.
- Change your education level.
- Transfer to a new school or take a leave of absence.
- Take a break from school.
- Travel outside the United States.
- Move to a new address.
- Request a program extension.
F students may contact SEVP by email at email@example.com if your DSO is unable to assist you or if you would prefer to ask someone else.
In your email, please describe your situation and include any questions you have. SEVP provides responses on a first-come, first-served basis. Answer times may vary depending on the current number of inquiries.