Skip to Content
Staying in Status
Maintaining your status means:
- Fulfilling the purpose for why the Department of State issued you your visa. You came to study and that should be your first priority.
- Following the regulations associated with that purpose. If you have questions about this, please see Lilian Ortega-Bunch in office 670 of the Close-Hipp Building
While studying in the United States you must:
- Attend and pass all your classes. If school is too difficult, speak with your DSO immediately.
- If you believe that you will be unable to complete your program by the end date listed on your Form I-20, talk with your DSO about requesting a possible program extension.
- You must take a full course of study each term; if you cannot study full-time, contact your DSO immediately.
- Do not drop a class without first speaking with your DSO.